Sunday, June 11, 2006

The furniture

Oh dearie me...

Dad wants me to take the current living room set which includes a 3-seater couch, 2-seater couch and 1 seater chair with 2 coffee tables for my new abode. He intends to buy new furniture for the house. Pros: I get it for FREE!!! Cons: There goes my Javanese Teak/Contemporary Sleek Steel concept for the living room.

But it's ok. I still get to maintain Japanese Zen concept for the dining area. Infact, I found my low table at Ikea for RM115!!! And I can get the nice soft seat cushions for RM15 each. I just need some time to dig out the old remnant fabric and sew my own cushion covers. I'm sure I've got some left-over Thai silk somewhere..... Found a nice, quaint, beaded tea-light stand that can be used as the centre-piece. Since the living room set will be in maroon, I guess purple cushions ought to be in order for the dining then...

Ok, living and dining sorted! Now for the bedrooms...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sew ur own cushion covers? where do ye find the time?

11:59 PM  
Blogger Ms. J said...

Where there's a will, there's a way... ;-)

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home